Date:   Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:25:08 +1000
From:   Michael Ellerman <mpe@...erman.id.au>
To:     Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@...ux-m68k.org>,
        Helge Deller <deller@....de>
        Parisc List <linux-parisc@...r.kernel.org>,
        Dennis Dalessandro <dennis.dalessandro@...nelisnetworks.com>,
        Mike Marciniszyn <mike.marciniszyn@...nelisnetworks.com>
Subject: Re: Build regressions/improvements in v5.18-rc1

Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@...ux-m68k.org> writes:
> Hi Helge,
>
> CC Michael
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 8:45 AM Helge Deller <deller@....de> wrote:

>> > parisc64-gcc8/generic-64bit_defconfig
>> > parisc-gcc8/generic-32bit_defconfig
>> > parisc-gcc8/parisc-allmodconfig
>> > parisc-gcc8/parisc-allnoconfig
>>
>> Someone needs to adjust how the parisc kernel is built on kisskb...
>>
>> The parisc platform got vDSO support, so now the 32- and 64-bit
>> hppa compiler needs to be installed when building (for 64-bit).
>>
>> In addition, it changed how to build a kernel:
>>  make ARCH=parisc                         # to build a 32-bit kernel
>>  or
>>  make ARCH=parisc64                       # to build a 64-bit kernel
>> (before ARCH=parisc was sufficient to build either for 32- or 64-bit).
>>
>> And, in case "CROSS_COMPILE=" is given, you need to give "CROSS32_COMPILE=" as well.
>> It's preferred to leave out both CROSS[32]_COMPILE= parameters and let
>> the environment detect the compilers automatically. They just need to be in $PATH.
>>
>> Who can change that on kisskb ?
>
> Michael (CCed).

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, I don't have much time to work on kisskb these days :}

I've updated things to work. It required a bit of fiddling because the
cross compilers I use from kernel.org don't have hppa and hppa64 in the
same prefix. But I just rsync'ed them into a shared directory and that
seems to be working.

The two parisc configs we have are here, everything recent is green:

  http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/config/507/
  http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/config/508/

I also added gcc11 for parisc.

cheers