Date:   Thu, 19 May 2022 18:09:55 +0200
From:   Hans de Goede <hdegoede@...hat.com>
To:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
        "Regzbot (on behalf of Thorsten Leemhuis)"
        <regressions@...mhuis.info>,
        Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst@...ux.intel.com>,
        Jani Nikula <jani.nikula@...ux.intel.com>,
        Matthew Auld <matthew.auld@...el.com>,
        Joonas Lahtinen <joonas.lahtinen@...ux.intel.com>
Cc:     LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: Linux regressions report for mainline [2022-05-09] (was: Linux
 5.18-rc6)

Hi,

On 5/17/22 17:50, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 5/9/22 21:04, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 5/9/22 19:20, Linus Torvalds wrote:

>>> Well, the Intel GPU issue seems likely to cause problems for lots of people:

>>> Although it looks possible that it mainly affects old chipsets (ie the
>>> two reports are for a Bay Trail chip and a Core 2 Duo chip - I have no
>>> idea how they compare).
>>>
>>> That probably means there are a lot of machines out there, but likely
>>> not the kind that most kernel developers will be testing, so not a ton
>>> of reports until it hits distro kernels etc.
>>>
>>> It looks like Maarten is already involved.
>>
>> This is being tracked here:
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/-/issues/5806
>>
>> I've just tested a patch from Maarten which fixes things for me,
>> so hopefully we can get this resolved soon.
>
> Maarten, it would be nice if we can get this fixed before 5.18
> is released. What is the status of getting your:
>
> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/485889/

A quick status update, this is fixed by:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel/commit/?h=drm-intel-fixes&id=7b1d6924f27ba24b9e47abb9bd53d0bbc430a835

Which was just pushed to:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel/log/?h=drm-intel-fixes

Note this is not part of any pending drm-fixes* pull-reqs yet though.

Regards,

Hans