Date:   Tue, 14 Jun 2022 10:18:22 +0100
From:   Mark Brown <broonie@...nel.org>
To:     Martin Kepplinger <martin.kepplinger@...i.sm>
Cc:     matti.vaittinen@...rohmeurope.com, lgirdwood@...il.com,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-pm@...r.kernel.org,
        arm-soc <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>,
        Pengutronix Kernel Team <kernel@...gutronix.de>
Subject: Re: regulator: BD71837 PMIC resume during noirq phase?

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 11:06:06AM +0200, Martin Kepplinger wrote:

> and regulator_enable() in imx-pgc is called from genpd_resume_noirq().
>
> At this point, does any workaround or fix come to your mind I could
> test? I guess i2c needs to be resumed too...
>
> Why does power domain only implement resume_noirq? How could I untangle
> this?

Indeed - if a power domain is controlling regulators then I'd not expect
things to go well if it tries to resume without interrupts, there will
be some things that can be done purely with GPIOs but that's depending
on the hardware having wired things up that way and the operations
needed by the power domain mapping well onto what can be done with
GPIOs.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (489 bytes)