Date:   Fri, 22 Jul 2022 22:14:13 -0400
From:   Stefan Hansson <newbie13xd@...il.com>
To:     jikos@...nel.org, benjamin.tissoires@...hat.com,
        linux-input@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:     newbie13xd@...il.com
Subject: PROBLEM: Regression likely in hid_uclogic driver breaks Huion
 Inspiroy H640 drawing tablet

Hi!

Somewhere between Linux 5.17.6 and 5.18.11 the Huion tablet I have
stopped working properly. In GNOME Control Center it is identified as
Huion New 1060 Plus, however that's a different tablet than the one I
have. Mine is a Huion Inspiroy H640, and it uses the hid_uclogic driver.

With Linux 5.17.6, the tablet works as expected with all the buttons
being detected and the stylus being usable. With 5.18.11, the buttons
work fine but the stylus does not work correctly. The first time I
approach the tablet with the stylus it works properly, i.e., the cursor
on my screen moves around and follows the stylus around the tablet as
expected. It continues working like this until I remove the stylus from
the tablet. After I remove it from the tablet, the cursor never gets
controlled by the stylus again. I can see that the tablet detects the
stylus (it has a small indicator light), but the cursor doesn't move
when I approach the tablet again. To clarify, with Linux 5.17.6, the
cursor moves around just fine when I remove and then put it back to the
tablet, just as you would expected.

It may also be worth noting that it worked fine when I previously used
it around six months ago, although I'm not sure what version of Linux I
was using at that time (whatever Fedora shipped back then). I also tried
reproducing it with yesterday's linux-next and Linux 5.19.0-RC7, and the
behaviour was the same as 5.18.11. I am currently trying to bisect this,
but it's not going very fast as I currently only have access to a dual
core laptop from 2014, so building Linux takes a good while.

Regards,
Stefan Hansson