Date:   Wed, 3 Aug 2022 22:22:52 +0200
From:   Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@...labora.com>
To:     Shuah Khan <skhan@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Mickaël Salaün <mic@...ikod.net>,
Cc:     linux-kselftest@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@...nel.org>,
        linux-security-module <linux-security-module@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] Kselftest update for Linux 5.20-rc1

On 03/08/2022 16:32, Shuah Khan wrote:
> On 8/2/22 10:44 PM, Guillaume Tucker wrote:

>>> I did a build test from the top level before sending the pull request
>>> and didn't catch this breakage as a result. This breaks when build is
>>> run from the test directory.
>>>
>>> We have had several problems related to khdr_dir and target and decided
>>> to move away from it with this change.

>>> That is the usual practice and if I notice missing maintainers, I add
>>> them. We missed this one.

>>> Guillaume,
>>>
>>> Will you be able to look at this and send a patch on top? I will
>>> send another pull request before merge window closes?
>>
>> Sure, I'll take a look today.
>>

> Thank you.

OK I just sent "selftests/landlock: fix broken include of linux/landlock.h"

This does fix the build when doing:

  make -C tools/testing/selftests/landlock

However I've also noticed the landlock test is failing to build
when make is invoked from the top-level directory and using a
sub-directory for the build output, in other words my earlier
patches didn't fix the build for this test, but that's not a
regression.

I'll see if that can be fixed too while also not breaking
the "-C" sub-make build.

>> Also I'll see if we can add some extra build tests in KernelCI
>> for the kselftest tree to catch issues like these automatically.
>>

> Yes. Adding tests to catch these automatically will be great.
> Please refer to use-cases for kselftest for tips on tests to
> add. Beig able to build from individual test directory is one
> of the use-cases.

Great.  Well I shall try and get that set up before making further changes ;)

Best wishes,
Guillaume

P.S. The output of gen_tar is showing "-ne " on every line, is that expected?
     For example: -ne Emit Tests for alsa