Date:   Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:53:46 -0600
From:   Kelly Anderson <kelly@...ka.com>
To:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro-16ACH6 Laptop Updated GSCN33WW BIOS Slows Linux

Hi,

Please CC me with any response.

I updated my Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6 BIOS (AMD Ryzen 5800H) to GSCN33WW.
Performance under Linux dropped what seemed to be by a factor of 10.  It was
painful to use the machine.  I was using the latest 5.18.x kernels.  I tried
various things including dropping back to previous kernel versions to no
avail.  Finally I reverted to the previous BIOS verson GSCN32WW and the
performance returned.

Here is the summary of changes for GSCN33WW.

Summary of changes
==================
General Information:
GSCN33WW:
BIOS Notification:
1. Fixed
  1) Fix Security level 2 fail issue.
  2)
2. Add
  1) NA
3. Modified
  1)NA
EC Notification:
  1). N/A

If there is anything I can to do help identify/fix the problem, please let me
know.

Thanks