Date:   Tue, 23 Aug 2022 17:17:05 +0530
From:   "Maulik Shah (mkshah)" <quic_mkshah@...cinc.com>
To:     Abel Vesa <abel.vesa@...aro.org>, Andy Gross <agross@...nel.org>,
        Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@...aro.org>,
        Konrad Dybcio <konrad.dybcio@...ainline.org>
CC:     Caleb Connolly <caleb.connolly@...aro.org>,
        <linux-arm-msm@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: [RFC 2/2] soc: qcom_stats: Add dynamic debugfs entries for
 subsystems

Hi,

Thanks for the patch.
> +static void qcom_register_subsystem_notifiers(struct qcom_stats_priv *stats)
> +{
> +	struct device *dev = &stats->dev;
> +	int i;
> +
> +	for (i = 0; i < ARRAY_SIZE(subsystems); i++) {
> +		const struct subsystem_data *subsystem = &subsystems[i];
> +		struct subsystem_priv *ss_priv = &stats->ss_priv[i];
> +
> +		ss_priv->subsystem = subsystem;
> +		ss_priv->root = stats->root;
> +		ss_priv->nb.notifier_call = qcom_stats_subsys_ssr_notify;
> +		ss_priv->notifier = qcom_register_ssr_notifier(subsystem->name, &ss_priv->nb);

The subsystem->name passed should match the subsystem name already
registered with SSR.

The names in below table don't match as of now. for e.g. modem uses mpss
name.

static const struct subsystem_data subsystems[] = {
         { "modem", 605, 1 },
         { "wpss", 605, 13 },
         { "adsp", 606, 2 },
         { "cdsp", 607, 5 },
         { "slpi", 608, 3 },
         { "gpu", 609, 0 },
         { "display", 610, 0 },
         { "adsp_island", 613, 2 },
         { "slpi_island", 613, 3 },
};

struct subsystem_data {
         const char *name;
         u32 smem_item;
         u32 pid;
+      const char *ssr_name;
};

Can you add one more entry in above struct with the 'ssr_name' for
subsystem.

For the adsp_island stat you can re-use the lpass subsystem notification
and create/destroy debugfs stats files for both adsp and adsp_island
stats, similarly for slpi_island stats comes from slpi.

The gpu and display don't have any pil/ssr and hence same notification
won't work for them, however today both of these are unused, so you may
want to remove them from above table.

Note that In downstream we have 'apps' stats as well in above for which
no registration with SSR is required. May be need to leave 'ssr_name'
uninitialized for apps/gpu/display and skip register for them.

Thanks,
Maulik