Date:   Wed, 31 Aug 2022 19:54:31 -0400
From:   Steven J Abner <pheonix.sja@....net>
To:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: configuration x86/Kconfig bug? or AMD feature request

Hi
I am tailoring a kernel for AMD 2400g on ASRock B450 using 5.18.12 as
base.
I found a feature I don't believe I need, and the system seems to work
just
fine without it. A quick glance at the code seems like I'll be just
fine, too.
In /drivers/platform/x86/Kconfig:1159  I altered the text to:

config PMC_ATOM
      bool "Intel Atom SOC Power Management Controller Driver"
      default y
      depends on PCI
      select COMMON_CLK

Please have a look and decide if x86 must include this code to function
properly.
Nothing but being x86 selects this. 'default y' was chosen only because
forced y before.
Steve

I wish to be personally CC'ed the answers/comments posted to the list