Date:   Thu, 22 Sep 2022 15:12:08 +0000
From:   "Bird, Tim" <Tim.Bird@...y.com>
To:     Jonathan Corbet <corbet@....net>, Vlastimil Babka <vbabka@...e.cz>,
        Chris Mason <clm@...com>,
        "ksummit@...ts.linux.dev" <ksummit@...ts.linux.dev>
CC:     "tech-board@...ts.linuxfoundation.org"
        <tech-board@...ts.linuxfoundation.org>,
        "tab-elections@...ts.linuxfoundation.org"
        <tab-elections@...ts.linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: RE: [Tab-elections] Results from the 2022 LF TAB election

I'd be in favor of this.  When we did in-person elections in the past, it
was good to tie it to some neutral, Linux-focused event.  But now that
we allow voting at a distance, it seems like it would be good to decouple
the voting from an event.  I was always a little bothered by the fact that
the in-person voting gave nominees who were present a substantial advantage
over those who were, for some reason or another, not in attendance.

Also, can we set the deadline for close of nominations a little bit earlier, relative
to the voting.  I think it would be good to give people at least a week to consider
the candidates and do some research.

Just my 2 cents.
 -- Tim