Date:   Mon, 26 Sep 2022 00:51:19 -0700
From:   Nick Desaulniers <nick.desaulniers@...il.com>
To:     torvalds@...ux-foundation.org,
        Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@...nel.org>,
        "marcan@...can.st" <marcan@...can.st>
Cc:     Nick Desaulniers <ndesaulniers@...gle.com>, llvm@...ts.linux.dev,
        asahi@...ts.linux.dev, linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org
Subject: Any interest in building the Linux kernel from a MacOS host?

Not sure if this is potentially interesting to anyone but I was able
to get the kernel building from MacOS my M2 Air with a small amount of
effort (read: duct tape and bailing wire).  If this might seem helpful
to anyone's workflow, I wouldn't mind pursuing this (with some
cleanup, sending a more formal patch set).  Maybe this helps us
bootstrap or get Linux up and running sooner on these machines?

Take a look at the commit message linked below for the trials & tribulations:
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/linux/commit/f06333e29addbc3d714adb340355f471c1dfe95a

Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers