Date:   Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:46:26 +0000
From:   "Artem S. Tashkinov" <aros@....com>
To:     Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@...ux-m68k.org>
Cc:     Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>,
        Thorsten Leemhuis <linux@...mhuis.info>,
        Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@...uxfoundation.org>,
        workflows@...r.kernel.org, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        "regressions@...ts.linux.dev" <regressions@...ts.linux.dev>,
        ksummit@...ts.linux.dev,
        Mario Limonciello <mario.limonciello@....com>
Subject: Re: Planned changes for bugzilla.kernel.org to reduce the "Bugzilla
 blues"

On 10/2/22 16:08, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Hi Artem,
>
> On Sun, Oct 2, 2022 at 2:49 PM Artem S. Tashkinov <aros@....com> wrote:
>> The current ill-maintained semi-functional bugzilla has proven to be a
>> ton more useful than random mailing lists no sane person can keep track
>> of. Bug "reports", i.e. random emails are neglected and forgotten. LKML
>> is the worst of them probably.
>
> Such a statement really needs to be backed by numbers...
>
>> Let's operate with some examples:
>>
>> Bugzilla gets around two dozen bug reports weekly which encompass at
>> most thirty emails, which equals to four emails daily on average.
>
> This immediately debunks your statement above.
>
> $ git log v5.19..linus/master | grep Fixes: | wc -l
> 2928
>
> So that's 46 bugs fixed per _day_.  Most of them not reported
> through bugzilla...

I don't know what it debunks.

Bugs reported in the last 7 days:

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/buglist.cgi?chfield=%5BBug%20creation%5D&chfieldfrom=7d

Check for yourself please.

I don't see anything even remotely close to your numbers and I tend to
believe you've calculated something incorrectly.

Regards,
Artem