Date:   Mon, 3 Oct 2022 10:18:52 +0200
From:   Mirsad Goran Todorovac <mirsad.todorovac@....unizg.hr>
To:     Slade Watkins <srw@...dewatkins.net>
Cc:     LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: BUG: 6.0.0-RC kernels trigger Firefox snap bug with 6.0.0-rc3
 through 6.0.0-rc7

On 30.9.2022. 20:27, Slade Watkins wrote:

> Hey there:
>> On Sep 30, 2022, at 8:03 AM, Slade Watkins <srw@...dewatkins.net> wrote:
>>
>> Huh, okay, I’ll see if I can try to reproduce it again.
>>
>> I wasn’t having issues with kernel 6.0-rc7 but I’ll try a fresh install and see what that changes.
> I tried again twice (for “good measure,” so to speak.)
> Once with my x86_64 test machine (fresh install of my distribution and 6.0-rc7 kernel, Firefox snap 104.x/105.0.1), and with your setup (AlmaLinux, 6.0-rc7, same versions of Firefox snaps previously mentioned) as described in a previous email [1] and couldn’t reproduce.
>
> Not sure what’s happening here, or what’s to blame (the kernel, snapd, etc.), to be completely honest with you. But obviously, there’s an issue on your system with the snaps. So in that case, I do think somebody else with more insight into what could possibly affect this — or even Mozilla (specifically, the maintainers of their snap package) — may be more helpful.
>
> But please feel free to keep me in the loop! Even though I’m not able to reproduce, I’d still like to help wherever possible.
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1266113f-75a1-b276-bb8c-3cdfcbabf043@alu.unizg.hr/
> [2] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/77bc5046-7b69-6100-f991-60b4d53994ee@alu.hr/
>
> Best,
> -srw

Hi, Slate,

I'm sorry you couldn't reproduce the bug. I will try to provide the list of the installed pkgs the
next time, for both configs.

I will try the linux-6.0.y build on Ubuntu 22.04 "focal" and Almalinux 8.6.

Hopefully there will be a result later today.

I couldn't find an option to build both deb-pkg and rpm-pkg, so the Makefile is needlessly compiling
the source twice :-(

Kind regards,
mt

--