Date:   Mon, 17 Oct 2022 09:03:12 +0700
From:   Bagas Sanjaya <bagasdotme@...il.com>
To:     Phillip Lougher <phillip@...ashfs.org.uk>,
        Mirsad Goran Todorovac <mirsad.todorovac@....unizg.hr>,
        regressions@...mhuis.info
Cc:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, marcmiltenberger@...il.com,
        regressions@...ts.linux.dev, srw@...dewatkins.net,
        phillip.lougher@...il.com
Subject: Re: BISECT result: 6.0.0-RC kernels trigger Firefox snap bug with
 6.0.0-rc3 through 6.0.0-rc7

On 10/17/22 03:19, Phillip Lougher wrote:
> On 16/10/2022 20:55, Phillip Lougher wrote:
>>
>> Tracking down bugs of this sort is always a process of elimination,
>> and gathering information to pinpoint the exact circumstances of why
>> it is triggering.
>>
>> Next step is to download the exact snap(s) where the problems are occurring, as this may provide some insights.
>>
>> I don't run Ubuntu, and I don't use snaps.  Can you provide the
>> download link(s) of the snap(s) that cause problems?  If there's
>> any firefox snaps that don't cause problems those will be useful
>> too.
>>

> It appears there's a searchable "Snap Store" https://snapcraft.io,
> but, it doesn't give any download links to the actual snaps which
> is rather annoying.
>
> Does anyone know how to get the download link?  I have not run
> Ubuntu for over 14 years and have absolutely no wish to do so
> now either.

You need to have snapd installed, unfortunately.

You can start the testing with hello-world snap, which can be installed
with `snap install hello-world`. Then run the snap with `snap run
hello-world`. After that, reboot and repeat until the regression
occurs.

You can also try other snaps. For GUI applications, try krita, gimp,
gitkraken, and libreoffice. For server applications, try spinning up
containers with lxd or store data with nextcloud.

My guess is that the problem is in snapd when trying to execute
snaps, hence all snaps are affected.

Thanks.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara