Date:   Thu, 27 Oct 2022 10:09:48 +0800
From:   Yujie Liu <yujie.liu@...el.com>
To:     Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>
CC:     <oe-lkp@...ts.linux.dev>, <lkp@...el.com>,
        Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
        <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, <x86@...nel.org>,
        <fengwei.yin@...el.com>, <ying.huang@...el.com>,
        <fstests@...r.kernel.org>, "Darrick J. Wong" <djwong@...nel.org>,
        <linux-xfs@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [tip:x86/core] [kallsyms] f138918162:
 WARNING:CPU:#PID:#at_fs/xfs/xfs_message.c:#xfs_buf_alert_ratelimited.cold-#[xfs]

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 02:06:17PM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 11:51:14AM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 05:10:28PM +0800, kernel test robot wrote:
> > > Hi Peter,
> > >
> > > For below patch, we couldn't find any connection between the code
> > > change of kallsyms and xfstests testcase, but we got very stable test
> > > results. We tested commit f1389181622a and its parent commit
> > > 7825451fa4dc for 12 runs each, parent was 100% good while this commit
> > > was 100% bad, so we still send out this report FYI though we don't have
> > > clear clue of the root cause. Please check the details below if
> > > interested in further investigation. Thanks.
> >
> > *groan* I'll go have a poke.
> >
> > Also; I've had these patches in my queue.git for over a month now and
> > this is the first report, how comes?

Hi Peter,

Sorry about late report. We did catch this problem on
call-depth-tracking branch of queue.git in Semtember, but we used to
think it may be a false alarm since we cannot connect the code change
with xfstests, so didn't report at that time. After merged to x86 tip,
we did more tests and reviewed this problem with more developers, and
sent out the report finally.

> dmesg starts at 42 seconds, you don't happen to have a complete one?

Sorry for the incomplete dmesg. Please check if attached kmsg.xz helps?
The time may vary a little since it is captured from another run.
Thanks.

Not sure if this has anything to do with xfs or testcases, so add
xfs folks to consult.

Hi xfs folks,

Could you please help check the original report at
https://lore.kernel.org/r/202210241508.2e203c3d-yujie.liu@intel.com
to see if can find any clue for the problem? Thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Yujie

Download attachment "kmsg.xz" of type "application/x-xz" (30300 bytes)