Date:   Fri, 2 Dec 2022 03:00:29 +0000
From:   "N, Pandith" <pandith.n@...el.com>
To:     Dipen Patel <dipenp@...dia.com>,
Subject: RE: Intel timed i/o driver in HTE

This could be time sync signals or periodic/single pulse input for timestamp support

> 2. In the output mode case where for example, timed io IP outputs 1ms GPIO
> pulse, does it also timestamp it for consumers to retrieve later?
No. In output mode, either single shot or periodic pulse train is generated.
But timed i/o does keep timestamp data in input mode.

> 3. Can you share rough idea you have in mind for the hte-libcdev?
a. This layer can provide ioctl based user interactions for timestamp services (input and output mode)
b. char device creation for timestamping hardware. Something like /dev/hteX
c.  Develop a native hte consumer, which handles user space interactions of hte subsystem