Date:   Sun, 4 Dec 2022 18:55:17 +0100
From:   Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>
To:     Eddie James <eajames@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
Cc:     Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net>, linux-hwmon@...r.kernel.org,
        lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: CONFIG_SENSORS_OCC_P8_I2C

Hi,

make oldconfig asks me here on a x86 machine about this below and it
looks like this should depend on some P8 config item so that it doesn't
show on other architectures.

Right?

Thx.

CONFIG_SENSORS_OCC_P8_I2C:

This option enables support for monitoring sensors provided by the
On-Chip Controller (OCC) on a POWER8 processor. However, this driver
can only run on a baseboard management controller (BMC) connected to
the P8, not the POWER processor itself. Communications with the OCC are
established through I2C bus.

This driver can also be built as a module. If so, the module will be
called occ-p8-hwmon.

Symbol: SENSORS_OCC_P8_I2C [=n]
Type  : tristate
Defined at drivers/hwmon/occ/Kconfig:6
  Prompt: POWER8 OCC through I2C
  Depends on: HWMON [=y] && I2C [=y]
  Location:
    -> Device Drivers
      -> Hardware Monitoring support (HWMON [=y])
        -> POWER8 OCC through I2C (SENSORS_OCC_P8_I2C [=n])
Selects: SENSORS_OCC [=n]

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.