Date:   Wed, 7 Dec 2022 20:56:03 +0800
From:   Shuai Xue <xueshuai@...ux.alibaba.com>
To:     Lv Ying <lvying6@...wei.com>
Cc:     akpm@...ux-foundation.org, baolin.wang@...ux.alibaba.com,
        bp@...en8.de, cuibixuan@...ux.alibaba.com,
        dave.hansen@...ux.intel.com, james.morse@....com,
        jarkko@...nel.org, lenb@...nel.org, linmiaohe@...wei.com,
        linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        naoya.horiguchi@....com, rafael@...nel.org, tony.luck@...el.com,
        zhuo.song@...ux.alibaba.com, xiezhipeng1@...wei.com,
        yingwen.cyw@...baba-inc.com
Subject: Re: reply for ACPI: APEI: handle synchronous exceptions in task work

On 2022/12/7 PM5:54, Lv Ying wrote:
> Hi Shuai Xue:
>
> I notice that  we are both handling the same problem, my patchset:
> RFC: https://lkml.org/lkml/fancy/2022/12/5/364
> RFC PATCH v1: https://lkml.org/lkml/2022/12/7/244
> has CC to you

I am glad to see that the community is trying to address the same problems,
I have replied to your RFC version.

> Yingwen's proposal in 2022/12/06[1]:
> Add Bit 8 in "Common Platform Error Record" -> "Section Descriptor" ->
> Flags (which Now, Bit 8 through 31 – Reserved)
>
> [1] https://members.uefi.org/wg/uswg/mail/thread/9453
>
> Yingwen's proposal makes distinguish synchronous error by CPER report more
> easy, however, it's not supported yet.
> Looking forward to your reply if there is any progress on the proposal and
> your suggestions about my patchset.

Yes, it is not supported yet. So we separated synchronous error handling into
task work based on a similar flag internally.

We submitted the proposal last month after discussed with Tony. But there
is still no progress, I will update it here in time.

Cheers,
Shuai