Date:   Thu, 8 Dec 2022 10:27:16 +0800
From:   Lv Ying <lvying6@...wei.com>
To:     Shuai Xue <xueshuai@...ux.alibaba.com>
CC:     <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>, <baolin.wang@...ux.alibaba.com>,
        <bp@...en8.de>, <cuibixuan@...ux.alibaba.com>,
        <dave.hansen@...ux.intel.com>, <james.morse@....com>,
        <jarkko@...nel.org>, <lenb@...nel.org>, <linmiaohe@...wei.com>,
        <linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org>, <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        <naoya.horiguchi@....com>, <rafael@...nel.org>,
        <tony.luck@...el.com>, <zhuo.song@...ux.alibaba.com>,
        <xiezhipeng1@...wei.com>, <yingwen.cyw@...baba-inc.com>
Subject: Re: reply for ACPI: APEI: handle synchronous exceptions in task work

On 2022/12/7 22:04, Shuai Xue wrote:

> On 2022/12/7 PM8:56, Shuai Xue wrote:
>>

>> On 2022/12/7 PM5:54, Lv Ying wrote:
>>> Hi Shuai Xue:
>>>
>>> I notice that  we are both handling the same problem, my patchset:
>>> RFC: https://lkml.org/lkml/fancy/2022/12/5/364
>>> RFC PATCH v1: https://lkml.org/lkml/2022/12/7/244
>>> has CC to you
>>
>> I am glad to see that the community is trying to address the same problems,
>> I have replied to your RFC version.
>>
>>> Yingwen's proposal in 2022/12/06[1]:
>>> Add Bit 8 in "Common Platform Error Record" -> "Section Descriptor" ->
>>> Flags (which Now, Bit 8 through 31 – Reserved)
>>>
>>> [1] https://members.uefi.org/wg/uswg/mail/thread/9453
>>>
>>> Yingwen's proposal makes distinguish synchronous error by CPER report more
>>> easy, however, it's not supported yet.
>>> Looking forward to your reply if there is any progress on the proposal and
>>> your suggestions about my patchset.
>>
>> Yes, it is not supported yet. So we separated synchronous error handling into
>> task work based on a similar flag internally.
>>
>> We submitted the proposal last month after discussed with Tony. But there
>> is still no progress, I will update it here in time.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Shuai
>
> By the way, if you agree with the proposal, please vote to approve it in UEFI community
> with your right on behalf of your organization, then we can make it happen soon. :)

I notice your proposal yesterday, however I have no permission to access
this proposal[1]. I already made my firmware colleague aware of your
suggestion yesterday. I will make the meaning and background of this
work clear to my firmware colleague, I also hope that this work will
move forward :)

[1] https://members.uefi.org/wg/uswg/mail/thread/9453

--
Thanks!