Date:   Thu, 15 Dec 2022 13:06:29 +0100
From:   Thierry Reding <treding@...dia.com>
To:     Serge Semin <Sergey.Semin@...kalelectronics.ru>
Cc:     Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@...nel.org>, Rob Herring <robh@...nel.org>,
        Vidya Sagar <vidyas@...dia.com>,
        Jon Hunter <jonathanh@...dia.com>,
        Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@...gle.com>,
        Olof Johansson <olof@...om.net>, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>,
        ARM <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>,
        Lorenzo Pieralisi <lpieralisi@...nel.org>,
        Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the pci tree with the arm-soc tree

On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 01:07:35AM +0300, Serge Semin wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 03:37:35PM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:

> > > Sigh... One more redundant vendor-specific name. I wish I was in the
> > > Cc-list of the original series.

> > > Thanks. I've got it from the @Stephen message. @Thierry will submit a
> > > new patch with the same 'ecam'-names change rebased on top of the
> > > updated DT-schema.
> >

> > If Rob doesn't mind this being broken in linux-next for a few more days,
> > I can discuss this internally with our PCI and UEFI teams and find out
> > if your proposal could be made to work.
>
> That would be awesome if you managed to work with the already defined
> 'config' reg-name so the DT-schema would look a bit cleaner. Thanks
> in advance.

Looks like Linus has now pulled this in and resolved the conflict
himself. I think there is some benefit in "ecam" being more specific
than "config" and with ECAM being a PCIe standard mapping, it doesn't
seem like it's worth overcomplicating things by overloading the meaning
of "config".

Thierry

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)