Date:   Sun, 25 Dec 2022 22:11:38 +0100
From:   Mirsad Goran Todorovac <mirsad.todorovac@....unizg.hr>
To:     Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin@...ux.intel.com>,
        srinivas pandruvada <srinivas.pandruvada@...ux.intel.com>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, jani.nikula@...ux.intel.com,
        joonas.lahtinen@...ux.intel.com,
        Rodrigo Vivi <rodrigo.vivi@...el.com>
Cc:     Thorsten Leemhuis <regressions@...mhuis.info>,
        intel-gfx@...ts.freedesktop.org
Subject: Re: LOOKS GOOD: Possible regression in drm/i915 driver: memleak

On 23. 12. 2022. 13:18, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:

>>> It is not forgotten - I was trying to reach out to the original author of the fixlet which worked for you. If that fails I will
>>> take it up on myself, but need to set aside some time to get into the exact problem space before I can vouch for the fix and send
>>> it on my own.

>> That's good news. Possibly with some assistance I could bisect on pre 4.16 kernels with the additional drivers.
>
> Sorry, maybe I am confused, but from where does 4.16 come?

Sorry, I forgot to refer to the memstick_check() memleak in drivers/memstick/core/memstick.c,
also discovered through CONFIG_KMEMLEAK=y option enabled.

The 4.16 is the last kernel I managed to start on my Lenovo desktop box which only reproduced
the memstick_check() leak.

Needless to say, this is not a i915-related bug.

Sorry for imprecision in my paragraph.

Regards,
Mirsad

--