Date:   Fri, 13 Jan 2023 16:11:10 +0200
From:   Kalle Valo <kvalo@...nel.org>
To:     "Linux kernel regression tracking \(Thorsten Leemhuis\)"
        <regressions@...mhuis.info>
Cc:     Felix Fietkau <nbd@....name>,
        Mikhail Gavrilov <mikhail.v.gavrilov@...il.com>,
        lorenzo@...nel.org, sujuan.chen@...iatek.com,
        Linux List Kernel Mailing <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux List Kernel Mailing <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Eric Dumazet <edumazet@...gle.com>,
        Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>,
        Paolo Abeni <pabeni@...hat.com>, spasswolf@....de
Subject: Re: [6.2][regression] after commit cd372b8c99c5a5cf6a464acebb7e4a79af7ec8ae stopping working wifi mt7921e

"Linux kernel regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)"
<regressions@...mhuis.info> writes:

> On 10.01.23 09:00, Felix Fietkau wrote:
>
>>> Still no reply. I wonder if I'm holding things wrong. But well, let's
>>> wait one more day before escalating this further.
>>
>> Johannes told me on IRC that he will review my patch soon. He simply has too many things to do at the moment.
>
> Great, thx. And sorry for prodding so much, but that is part of the job
> when it takes so long to fix regressions -- even in cases where that's
> mainly caused by a holiday season (which I took into account, otherwise
> I likely would have made more noise earlier already).

Thorsten, I value your work A LOT, tracking regressions is important and
makes our work easier. Thank you for that. But when tracking bugs please
be reasonable as well. Most of the people in the community are
volunteers, we have our normal lives/work as well and things don't
always move so fast. For example, I just came from a long vacation this
Monday and have a lot to catch up. That's why the release cycle is so
long as it is.

We are in -rc3 at the moment and I don't see the need to push the panic
button so early in the cycle. If we take fixes in a rush that might
break even more stuff. And anyone using release candidates ("rc") should
understand that things can be broken and it might take some time to get
them fixed, especially on holiday periods.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches