Date:   Wed, 18 Jan 2023 07:17:32 +0100
From:   Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
To:     mkv22@...tab.net
Cc:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
        torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, stable@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Mainline stable kernel kbd backlight stops working from 6.1.6 in
 t2 Macs

On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 02:26:37AM +0530, mkv22@...tab.net wrote:
> OK. I just read about git bisect. Should I do it on the t2 github page from
> where things are downloaded and compiled and installed or on the mainline
> kernel github pages? Many thanks.

Nit, we don't use github for kernel development, but rather,
git.kernel.org :)

> It works fine till 6.1.5.

I recommend using the "t2 github" repo as odds are there are still
out-of-tree patches in there that you rely on.

Let us know how that goes, and watch out with sending html mail to our
mailing lists, they get automatically rejected.

thanks,

greg k-h