Date:   Sat, 21 Jan 2023 15:37:23 -0100
From:   Rafael Ávila de Espíndola <rafael@...indo.la>
To:     Mario Limonciello <mario.limonciello@....com>
Cc:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: amdgpu: suspend-to-idle on a 4350G desktop

Hi,

I have a desktop that doubles as a NAS, and would like to suspend it
when not in use. It works, but when it comes back it is using about 7W
more than before going to sleep.

It looks like a6ed2035878e5ad2e43ed175d8812ac9399d6c40 is the
culprit. The system doesn't even support S3:

% cat /sys/power/mem_sleep
[s2idle]

And looks like the vendor decided that they should not define
ACPI_FADT_LOW_POWER_S0. The MB is a Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX with
bios version F16e.

Which systems had crashes when ACPI_FADT_LOW_POWER_S0 was not defined?
Would it be possible to limit the check only to those systems or at
least only to systems that have S3?

I can build the amdgpu module without that check and see if the problem
goes away if that would help.

Thanks,
Rafael