Date:   Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:36:23 +0300
From:   Arınç ÜNAL <arinc.unal@...nc9.com>
To:     Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com>,
        Matthias Brugger <matthias.bgg@...il.com>,
        Mattijs Korpershoek <mkorpershoek@...libre.com>,
        AngeloGioacchino Del Regno
        <angelogioacchino.delregno@...labora.com>,
        Jonathan Cameron <Jonathan.Cameron@...wei.com>
Cc:     linux-input@...r.kernel.org,
        Linux ARM <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>,
        "moderated list:ARM/Mediatek SoC support"
        <linux-mediatek@...ts.infradead.org>,
        Frank Wunderlich <frank-w@...lic-files.de>,
        erkin.bozoglu@...ont.com
Subject: mtk-pmic-keys: Ignore power button if pressed before driver loads

Hi all,

The power button on my Bananapi BPI-R2 (MT7623NI SoC, mt6323-keys) is
shorted, so the device automatically boots when there's power. This
causes the device to reboot when KEYBOARD_MTK_PMIC is loaded because the
driver sees the power button being pressed.

I was wondering if it's possible to change the driver in a way that
doesn't break in this situation. Maybe don't do anything if the first
state of the the power button the driver sees is being pressed, and if
the state doesn't change.

To address an edge case, if the power button was being pressed before
the driver loads, look for if it's ever released. Only after then start
working as usual.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Arınç