Date:   Tue, 14 Feb 2023 01:38:13 +0500
From:   Muhammad Usama Anjum <usama.anjum@...labora.com>
To:     Ping-Ke Shih <pkshih@...ltek.com>, Kalle Valo <kvalo@...nel.org>,
        Eric Dumazet <edumazet@...gle.com>,
        Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>,
        Paolo Abeni <pabeni@...hat.com>
Cc:     Muhammad Usama Anjum <usama.anjum@...labora.com>,
        netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org
Subject: [Issue Report] Realtek 8852AE Bluetooth audio issues while using WiFi

Hi,

I'm running 6.1.0-3 kernel and getting Bluetooth audio glitches constantly
on a pair of buds and all the time when WiFi is connecting and working on
RTL 8852AE card. Some Bluetooth audio devices work fine without issue. But
some devices get glitchy audio all the time when Wifi is being used. The
audio becomes more and more glitchy as the WiFi use increases. [1] mentions
that the problem for Realtek 8723BE gets solved by switching to 5GHz wifi
or upgrading drives. Is this issue present on other operating systems for
this chip as well? Can it be solved for Linux if Wifi is used at 2.4 GHz?

Any pointers on this problem would be much appreciated.

04:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8852AE
802.11ax PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
        Subsystem: Lenovo RTL8852AE 802.11ax PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 100
        IOMMU group: 15
        Region 0: I/O ports at 1000 [size=256]
        Region 2: Memory at d1700000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: rtw89_8852ae
        Kernel modules: rtw89_8852ae

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/bluetooth_headset