Date:   Mon, 6 Mar 2023 19:26:49 +0000
From:   Conor Dooley <conor@...nel.org>
To:     Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@...belt.com>
Cc:     miguel.ojeda.sandonis@...il.com,
        Conor Dooley <conor.dooley@...rochip.com>,
        linux-riscv@...ts.infradead.org, ojeda@...nel.org,
        alex.gaynor@...il.com, wedsonaf@...il.com, boqun.feng@...il.com,
        gary@...yguo.net, bjorn3_gh@...tonmail.com, corbet@....net,
        Paul Walmsley <paul.walmsley@...ive.com>, nathan@...nel.org,
        ndesaulniers@...gle.com, trix@...hat.com,
        rust-for-linux@...r.kernel.org, linux-doc@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, llvm@...ts.linux.dev
Subject: Re: [RFC 0/2] RISC-V: enable rust

On Mon, Mar 06, 2023 at 11:18:06AM -0800, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 00:37:29 PST (-0800), miguel.ojeda.sandonis@...il.com wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 12:18 AM Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@...belt.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Works for me.
> > >
> > > I've got a few other things in the pipeline for this merge window so
> > > this probably won't make it, but I'll dig in after that.  We've got a
> > > bunch of Rust-types floating around Rivos as well, so with any luck
> > > someone else will have some time to poke around.  Having a full cycle in
> > > linux-next is probably the right way to go for this sort of thing
> > > anyway, as it's likely to shake out some long-tail issues.
> >
> > Thanks a lot! That would be great.
> >
> > At least from our side, no rush. In fact, we are letting users (or
> > arch maintainers) to request/submit the architectures themselves as
> > they need/want them.
>
> It's time for the next release.  IIUC there were some authorship issues
> here, did you guys want to re-spin this with those sorted out?  I can give
> it a shot if you want, but I'm probably as likely to screw it up as anyone
> else...

It's in my queue to respin, I wasn't bothered doing one until after -rc1.
I'll try to get to it tomorrow since it's simpler than anything else I
currently owe one for.
Should be able to do something that satisfies everyone, or, at least,
gives everyone the opportunity to be satisfied!

Cheers,
Conor.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (229 bytes)