Date:   Thu, 4 May 2023 23:30:34 +0530
From:   Vinod Koul <vkoul@...nel.org>
To:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Cc:     Nathan Chancellor <nathan@...nel.org>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux Phy <linux-phy@...ts.infradead.org>,
        Nick Desaulniers <ndesaulniers@...gle.com>,
        llvm@...ts.linux.dev
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL]: Generic phy updates for v6.4

On 04-05-23, 10:23, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, May 4, 2023 at 8:31 AM Vinod Koul <vkoul@...nel.org> wrote:
> > Sorry between vacation and travel, this was missed.
> >
> > No worries we have process to deal with this, so this shall go in as
> > fixes.. I will do the needful shortly
>
> You need to do it *now*.

It was already done a bit ago and applied to my fixes and should be in
-next tomorrow. I will wait a day before sending you fixes update.

> You should never have sent the pull request to me in the first place
> if you hadn't checked the status in linux-next.
>
> The point of linux-next is to find failures. And if you don't then
> *care* about the failures, then it has all become  entirely pointless,
> and it's effectively the same as if it had never been there in the
> first place.
>
> So this needs to get fixed *PRONTO*, and it needs to never ever happen again.

Ack, agree I should have paid it more attention. Between vacation and
travel and stuff I have missed it this time, will ensure this doesn't
happen again.

--
~Vinod