Date:   Tue, 23 May 2023 14:04:56 -0700
From:   Doug Anderson <dianders@...gle.com>
To:     cong yang <yangcong5@...qin.corp-partner.google.com>
Cc:     neil.armstrong@...aro.org, sam@...nborg.org, daniel@...ll.ch,
        hsinyi@...gle.com, dri-devel@...ts.freedesktop.org,
        devicetree@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [v1 0/2] *** Support Starry-himax83102-j02 and Starry-ili9882t
 TDDI MIPI-DSI panel ***

Hi,

On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 1:01 AM cong yang
<yangcong5@...qin.corp-partner.google.com> wrote:

> Hi,neil:
>  Thank you for your reply, it's not that the polarity of reset is different. The state of this rst needs to be high during a certain period of time (when hid touch communicate,). I have tried to set the default property to high in DT, but from the log and waveform, the rseet single  is set to low by boe_panel_add before hid touch communication.As shown in the picture, rst needs to be high before hid ready. Datasheet: https://github.com/HimaxSoftware/Doc/tree/main/Himax_Chipset_Power_Sequence

To add some breadcrumbs, I think the issues is that panel/touchscreeen
are intertwined and really need a solution like the one proposed in my
series:

https://lore.kernel.org/r/20230523193017.4109557-1-dianders@chromium.org

Cong Yang tested an early version of my series and indicated that it
helped solve his problem. Presumably if that series (or something like
it) can land then we'll unblock the ability to support this hardware.

-Doug