Date:   Tue, 12 Sep 2023 15:57:49 +0200
From:   "Arnd Bergmann" <arnd@...db.de>
To:     "Ulf Hansson" <ulf.hansson@...aro.org>,
        "Geert Uytterhoeven" <geert@...ux-m68k.org>
Cc:     "Rafael J . Wysocki" <rafael@...nel.org>,
        "Linus Torvalds" <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
        linux-pm@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        "Olof Johansson" <olof@...om.net>, soc@...nel.org,
        linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org,
        "Sebastian Reichel" <sebastian.reichel@...labora.com>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] ARM: SoC/genpd driver updates for v6.6

On Mon, Sep 11, 2023, at 13:28, Ulf Hansson wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Sept 2023 at 09:52, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@...ux-m68k.org> wrote:
>>
>> And I just realized you moved the code and Makefiles to drivers/genpd/,
>> but not the Kconfig symbols and logic, which still lives under
>> drivers/soc/.  So resolving that (and the name) is something that
>> should be resolved sooner rather than later...
>
> In regards to the name, I am relying on input from Linus to make a
> final decision before I send a patch. In regards to this, I have also
> started working on a documentation patch for genpd. It needs some more
> polishing before I can send it though.

I'm fairly sure that Linus was instead waiting for you to send
a patch or pull request for the rename. Please just pick a name
that you like and that Linus hasn't already objected to and send
it so the rename makes it into -rc2 for others to base on.

If anyone has objections to the new name, you'll find out about
it then, but I think we trust your judgement here.

     Arnd