Date:   Sun, 1 Oct 2023 08:46:13 +0000
From:   James John <me@...jajo.com>
To:     Hans de Goede <hdegoede@...hat.com>,
        Corentin Chary <corentin.chary@...il.com>,
        Ilpo Järvinen <ilpo.jarvinen@...ux.intel.com>,
        Mark Gross <markgross@...nel.org>
Cc:     platform-driver-x86@...r.kernel.org,
        acpi4asus-user@...ts.sourceforge.net, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: PROBLEM: asus_nb_wmi sends KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN on pressing CAPS
 Lock and PrntScrn on Zenbook S 13 UX5304VA

Hello Han,

Thank you very much for this detailed steps. I was able to reproduce
this with "evtest" and everything went okay.

After editing /lib/udev/hwdb.d/60-keyboarrd.hwdb as you specified, the
problem has been fixed, which I believe should revert on reboot?

This is the content of /sys/class/dmi/id/modalias

dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInternational,LLC.:bvrUX5304VA.304:bd05/16/2023:br5.27:svnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:pnZenbookS13UX5304VA_UX5304VA:pvr1.0:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnUX5304VA:rvr1.0:cvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:ct10:cvr1.0:sku:

Yes, I built my kernel. I wish I could parse this and write a proper quirk.

Also, I don't know if this is related; the hotkeys should be enabled by
default. Fn key should be for Function keys. But in the current state,
it is reversed.

Thank you

James