Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 15:35:45 +0100
From: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@...hat.com>
To: Sean Christopherson <seanjc@...gle.com>
Cc: kvm@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] KVM: x86: Selftests changes for 6.9

On 3/8/24 23:36, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> Add SEV(-ES) smoke tests, and start building out infrastructure to utilize the
> "core" selftests harness and TAP.  In addition to provide TAP output, using the
> infrastructure reduces boilerplate code and allows running all testscases in a
> test, even if a previous testcase fails (compared with today, where a testcase
> failure is terminal for the entire test).

Hmm, now I remember why I would have liked to include the AMD SEV
changes in 6.9 --- because they get rid of the "subtype" case in selftests.

It's not a huge deal, it's just a nicer API, and anyway I'm not going to
ask you to rebase on top of my changes; and you couldn't have known that
when we talked about it last Wednesday, since the patches are for the
moment closely guarded on my hard drive.

But it may still be a good reason to sneak those as well in the second
week of the 6.9 merge window, though I'm not going to make a fuss if you
disagree.

Paolo