Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 17:18:30 +0100
From: Martin Steigerwald <martin@...htvoll.de>
To: Kent Overstreet <kent.overstreet@...ux.dev>
Cc: linux-bcachefs@...r.kernel.org, linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org,
 linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
 Re: bcachefs: do not run 6.7: upgrade to 6.8 immediately if you have a multi
 device fs

Kent Overstreet - 15.03.24, 18:57:51 CET:
> > I take it that single device BCacheFS filesystems can be upgraded just
> > fine?
> >
> > I can also recreate and repopulate once I upgraded to 6.8. Still
> > waiting a bit.
>
> No need to recreate and repopulate - you just don't want to be going
> back to 6.7 from a newer version.

Unfortunately I need to do exactly that, as 6.8.1 breaks hibernation on
ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 1:

[regression] 6.8.1: fails to hibernate with
pm_runtime_force_suspend+0x0/0x120 returns -16

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pm/12401263.O9o76ZdvQC@lichtvoll.de/T/#t

No luck with kernel upgrades these days. :(

I will backup the test filesystem so in case something breaks I can
recreate and repopulate it again. Downgrading to 6.7.10 then and will see
what happens. Can repopulate from backup again if need be. Also when
upgrading to 6.8 again after the regression has been fixed.

Best,
--
Martin