Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:40:06 +0100
From: "Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)"
 <regressions@...mhuis.info>
To: Martin Steigerwald <martin@...htvoll.de>, linux-pm@...r.kernel.org,
 regressions@...ts.linux.dev, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [regression] 6.8.1: fails to hibernate with
 pm_runtime_force_suspend+0x0/0x120 returns -16

On 16.03.24 17:12, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Martin Steigerwald - 16.03.24, 17:02:44 CET:
>> ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 1 fails to hibernate with self-compiled 6.8.1.
>> Hibernation works correctly with self-compiled 6.7.9.
>
> Apparently 6.8.1 does not even reboot correctly anymore. runit on Devuan.
> It says it is doing the system reboot but then nothing happens.
>
> As for hibernation the kernel cancels the attempt and returns back to
> user space desktop session.
>
>> Trying to use "no_console_suspend" to debug next. Will not do bisect
>> between major kernel releases on a production machine.

FWIW, without a bisection I guess no developer will take a closer look
(but I might be wrong and you lucky here!), as any change in those
hundreds of drivers used on that machine can possibly lead to problems
like yours. So without a bisection we are likely stuck here, unless
someone else runs into the same problem and bisects or fixes it. Sorry,
but that's just how it is.

> [...]

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.