Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 09:34:54 +0200
From: Vlastimil Babka <vbabka@...e.cz>
To: "linux-mm@...ck.org" <linux-mm@...ck.org>
Cc: Matthew Wilcox <willy@...radead.org>, Mike Rapoport <rppt@...nel.org>,
 LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: [CFP LPC 2024] Kernel Memory Management Microconference

Hi,

this year there will be another instance of the

	Kernel Memory Management Microconference

co-lead by Matthew Wilcox and myself at the Linux Plumbers Conference
(LPC), September 18-20, Vienna, Austria, or remotely.

This microconference supplements the recently concluded LSF/MM event
by providing an opportunity to discuss current topics with a different
audience, on a different continent, and at a different time of year.
We would like to discuss current problems in memory management,
for example:

* Should we add memory policy zones?

* How far should we go to support CXL?

* How do we handle page allocation in a memdesc world?

* Should we switch the slab allocator from partial slabs to sheaves?

* Can we get rid of non-compound multi-page allocations?

* What other improvements might we see from mTHP?

* How might we make allocations guaranteed to not fail?

* Can we share the pagecache between reflinked files?

* Is there a better way to share page tables between processes than hugetlb?

Please submit your proposals at:

	https://lpc.events/event/18/abstracts/

and select "Kernel Memory Management MC" as the track.
Please do that by the 5th of July to allow us to plan the schedule on time.

We're looking forward to your proposals and seeing you either in Vienna
or virtually!

Thanks,
Vlastimil