Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2024 17:59:19 +0200
From: Andrea Righi <righi.andrea@...il.com>
To: linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc: David Vernet <void@...ifault.com>, Tejun Heo <tj@...nel.org>,
	Changwoo Min <changwoo@...lia.com>,
	Giovanni Gherdovich <ggherdovich@...e.cz>,
	Himadri Chhaya-Shailesh <himadrispandya@...il.com>,
	Piotr Górski <lucjan.lucjanov@...il.com>,
	Peter Jung <admin@...1337.dev>,
	Kevin Becker <kevin.becker@...onical.com>
Subject: [CFP] sched_ext Micro-conference at LPC 2024

sched_ext [1] is a Linux kernel feature which enables implementing
host-wide, safe kernel thread schedulers in BPF, and dynamically loading
them at runtime. sched_ext enables safe and rapid iterations of
scheduler implementations, thus radically widening the scope of
scheduling strategies that can be experimented with and deployed, even
in massive and complex production environments.

sched_ext was first sent to the upstream list as an RFC patch set [2]
back in November 2022. Since then, the project has evolved a great deal,
both technically, as well as in the significant growth of the community
of sched_ext users and contributors. The latest patch set has now
reached v6 [3].

This MC is the space for the community to discuss the developments of
sched_ext, its impact on the community, and to outline future strategies
aimed at potentially integrating this feature into the Linux kernel and
mainstream Linux distributions.

Ideas of topics to be discussed include (but are not limited to):
 - Challenges and plans to facilitate the upstream merge of sched_ext
 - User-space scheduling (offload part / all of the scheduling from
   kernel to user-space)
 - Scheduling for gaming and latency-sensitive workloads
 - Scheduling & cpufreq integration
 - Distro support

While we anticipate having a schedule with existing talk proposals at
the MC, we invite you to submit proposals for any topic(s) you'd like to
discuss. Time permitting, we are happy to readjust the schedule for
additional topics that are of relevance to the sched_ext community.

*We will consider the submissions until July 12th, AoE.*

This email has a list of people in Bcc, based on a list of sched_ext
authors and contributors. It is far from being complete. So, please
forward this message to the people on your team working on
scheduling-related topics.

[1] https://github.com/sched-ext/scx
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20221130082313.3241517-1-tj@kernel.org/
[3] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240501151312.635565-1-tj@kernel.org/