Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 13:15:49 +0200
From: "Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)"
 <regressions@...mhuis.info>
To: Giovanni Santini <giovannisantini93@...oo.it>,
 almaz.alexandrovich@...agon-software.com
Cc: ntfs3@...ts.linux.dev, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
 stable@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Segfault running a binary in a compressed folder

On 11.06.24 12:55, Giovanni Santini wrote:
> Hi Thorsten, nice to chat again!

:-D

> I am sorry for the lack of information,

Happens.

> this is my second bug report to
> the kernel; the first one was via Bugzilla and I filled more information.
>
> Now, the missing information is:
>
> OS: ArchLinux
>
> Tested kernels: both latest Linux stable (6.9.3) and mainline (6.10rc3)
>
> Regression: no, I believe that this issue has been present forever.

Thx. Okay, in that case anyone that replies in this thread consider
dropping the stable and the regression lists to avoid confusion and
spare the subscribes of those lists a few cycles.

> I realized it may have been compression-related only recently.
> I do remember testing ntfs3 long ago and having the same issues with a
> Ruby vendoring folder.
>
> Please let me know if you need more information!

That's up to Konstantin (or others on the ntfs3 list), who is known to
sometimes reply quickly, while other times only replies after quite a
while. We'll see what it will be here. :-D

Ciao, Thorsten