Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2024 17:52:01 +0200
From: Anna-Maria Behnsen <anna-maria@...utronix.de>
To: Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>, Narasimhan V <Narasimhan.V@....com>
Cc: Frederic Weisbecker <frederic@...nel.org>, Thomas Gleixner
 <tglx@...utronix.de>, lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: WARNING: CPU: 7 PID: 0 at kernel/time/timer_migration.c:1332
 tmigr_inactive_up+0xd2/0x190

Hi Narasimhan,

Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de> writes:

> Hi Anna-Maria,
>
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2024 at 04:40:33PM +0200, Anna-Maria Behnsen wrote:
>> thanks for the report. Is it reproducible?
>
> Narasimhan just tells me that he was NOT able to reproduce it in today's run.
> I guess we can wait and see.
>
>> If yes, might it be possible to enable the timer_migration tracepoints and
>> provide the trace?
>
> Can you pls give Narasimhan exact instructions what to do the next time it
> happens?

Please add the following to the kernel command line before boot:

    traceoff_on_warning trace_event=timer_migration:*

And then everything I would need should be part of the trace
file. Please extract it after the warning occurs with

    cat /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace > trace.txt

and provide me this file.

Thanks a lot for your help!

	Anna-Maria