Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2024 08:51:23 +0100
From: Lee Jones <lee@...nel.org>
To: Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@....de>
Cc: Vinod Koul <vkoul@...nel.org>, lkp@...el.com, linux-iio@...r.kernel.org,
	dmaengine@...r.kernel.org, linux-media@...r.kernel.org,
	dri-devel@...ts.freedesktop.org, linaro-mm-sig@...ts.linaro.org,
	Paul Cercueil <paul@...pouillou.net>,
	Nuno Sá <nuno.sa@...log.com>,
	Christian König <christian.koenig@....com>,
	Jonathan Cameron <jic23@...nel.org>,
	Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@...afoo.de>,
	Sumit Semwal <sumit.semwal@...aro.org>,
	oe-kbuild-all@...ts.linux.dev, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	linux-doc@...r.kernel.org, Jonathan Corbet <corbet@....net>,
	Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@...ia.fr>,
	Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@...radead.org>
Subject: Re: [v11 3/7] iio: core: Add new DMABUF interface infrastructure

On Fri, 21 Jun 2024, Markus Elfring wrote:

> > Sadly, I am yet to see a constructive approach or even better a helpful
> > patch which improve something, rather than vague suggestions on the list
>
> Can you get any more constructive impressions from another data representation?
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/log/?qt=author&q=Elfring
>
> Are you aware how many change suggestions (also from my selection) are still
> in various waiting queues?

No one is doubting your overall contributions Markus.

The issue is one of communication and the way reviews are conducted.

Reviewing other people's work is challenging and requires a certain
skill-set, of which _excellent_ communication skills are non-negotiable.

Why not concentrate on more complex submissions for a while and grow
your repertoire of common review points, rather than repeating the same
few over and over?  Reading other, more experienced maintainer's reviews
would also be a good use of your time.

--
Lee Jones [李琼斯]