Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2024 21:33:42 +0200
From: "Arnd Bergmann" <arnd@...db.de>
To: "Linus Torvalds" <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Cc: linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org,
 soc@...nel.org, "Stephen Boyd" <sboyd@...nel.org>,
 "Bryan O'Donoghue" <bryan.odonoghue@...aro.org>,
 "Luo Jie" <quic_luoj@...cinc.com>, "Bjorn Andersson" <andersson@...nel.org>,
 "Jagadeesh Kona" <quic_jkona@...cinc.com>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL 2/4] soc: dt updates for 6.11

On Tue, Jul 16, 2024, at 20:55, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2024 at 14:03, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de> wrote:
> And no, this is not some kind of merge mistake of mine. It was wrong
> in your tree.
>
> qcom_cc_really_probe() has always taken a
>
>     struct platform_device *pdev
>
> as the first argument, not a "struct device *". So the "&pdev->dev"
> thing is completely wrong, and always has been.
>
> Looking around, this was also reported by the kernel test robot at
>
>     https://lore.kernel.org/all/202407072331.baglL4Sd-lkp@intel.com/
>     https://lore.kernel.org/all/202407072212.WptVaUDt-lkp@intel.com/
>
> and still I had to just notice it in my local build test.
>
> I did fix it up, but this is *not* ok.

I'm very sorry about this. I had missed the extra driver slipping
in with the qcom DT patches at first and then failed to build test
the dt branch standalone even after I realized it was there.

I see that the interface change is in
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/clk/linux.git#clk-next,
which also contains the commit with the driver. This means you'll
probably have to revert your fix once you merge that branch.

Apparently the new driver was tested by the authors based on the
other changes that are in the clk tree, but committed on a branch
that didn't have them.

       Arnd