Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 21:46:20 +0200
From: Joel Granados <j.granados@...sung.com>
To: Kees Cook <kees@...nel.org>
CC: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>, Luis Chamberlain
	<mcgrof@...nel.org>, Jeff Johnson <quic_jjohnson@...cinc.com>, Thomas
	Weißschuh <linux@...ssschuh.net>, Wen Yang
	<wen.yang@...ux.dev>, <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	<linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] sysctl changes for v6.11-rc1

On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 11:13:24AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 04:16:56PM +0200, Joel Granados wrote:
> > * Preparation patches for sysctl constification
> >
> >     Constifying ctl_table structs prevents the modification of proc_handler
> >     function pointers as they would reside in .rodata. The ctl_table arguments
> >     in sysctl utility functions are const qualified in preparation for a future
> >     treewide proc_handler argument constification commit.
>
> And to add some additional context and expectation setting, the mechanical
> treewide constification pull request is planned to be sent during this
> merge window once the sysctl and net trees land. Thomas Weißschuh has
> it at the ready. :)

Big fan of setting expectations :). thx for the comment.
Do you (@kees/ @thomas) have any preference on how to send the treewide
const patch? I have prepared wording for the pull request for when the
time comes next week, but if any of you prefer to send it through
another path different than sysctl, please let me know.

Best

--

Joel Granados