Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 19:22:01 -0700
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To: Hongbo Li <lihongbo22@...wei.com>
Cc: Maciej Żenczykowski <maze@...gle.com>,
	Matthew Wilcox <willy@...radead.org>, Kernel hackers <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Patrick Rohr <prohr@...gle.com>, Christian Brauner <brauner@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: UML/hostfs - mount failure at tip of tree

On Tue, 23 Jul 2024 at 18:35, Hongbo Li <lihongbo22@...wei.com> wrote:

> I apologize for causing this issue. I am currently tracking it down.  If
> reverting this can solve the problem, you can revert it first.

I don't get the feeling that this is _so_ urgent that it needs to be
reverted immediately - let's give it at least a few days and see if
you (or somebody else) figures out the bug.

Maciej - if you can verify that folio conversion fix suggestion of
mine (or alternatively report that it doesn't help and I was barking
up the wrong tree), that would be great.

And perhaps remind me about this mount API thing too if it doesn't
seem to be resolved by the end of the week when I'm starting to get
ready to do the rc1?

             Linus