Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 16:40:20 +0200
From: Nicolai Stange <nstange@...e.de>
To: Miroslav Benes <mbenes@...e.cz>
Cc: Petr Mladek <pmladek@...e.com>,  Josh Poimboeuf <jpoimboe@...nel.org>,
  Joe Lawrence <joe.lawrence@...hat.com>,  Nicolai Stange
 <nstange@...e.de>,  live-patching@...r.kernel.org,
  linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [POC 0/7] livepatch: Make livepatch states, callbacks, and
 shadow variables work together

Miroslav Benes <mbenes@...e.cz> writes:

> Do we still need klp_state->data member? Now that it can be easily coupled
> with shadow variables, is there a reason to preserve it?

I would say yes, it could point to e.g. some lock protecting an
associated shadow variable's usage. Or be used to conveniently pass on
any kind of data between subsequent livepatches.

Thanks,

Nicolai

--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Frankenstraße 146, 90461 Nürnberg, Germany
GF: Ivo Totev, Andrew McDonald, Werner Knoblich