Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 10:35:19 +0800
From: Jason Wang <jasowang@...hat.com>
To: Cindy Lu <lulu@...hat.com>
Cc: mst@...hat.com, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	virtualization@...ts.linux-foundation.org
Subject: Re: [RFC 0/7] vhost: Add support of kthread API

On Mon, Aug 19, 2024 at 5:29 PM Cindy Lu <lulu@...hat.com> wrote:

> In commit 6e890c5d5021 ("vhost: use vhost_tasks for worker threads"),
> vhost removed the support for the kthread API. However, there are
> still situations where there is a request to use kthread.

I think we need some tweak here. For example, we need to mention that
the introduction of the vhost_taks introduce userspace noticeable
changes as the worker inherit attributes from the owner instead of the
kthreadd etc.

> In this RFC, the support of kthread is added back. Additionally,
> a module_param is added to identify which mode we are using,

It's probably not identified, it's more about if we need to "enforce"
the old behaviour.