Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 19:06:06 +0200
From: Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
To: kernel list <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Severe weather before Open Source Summit Europe

Hi!

I realize this is not strictly development related, but I guess some
of the readers will go to OSS EU.

This week, we have some rather severe weather predicted for east of
Czechia. ("In the period from Thursday 12. 9. to Sunday 15. 9. (total
for four days) are expected extreme precipitation, mostly above 300
mm.") Austria should not be affected as badly, and it is all
predictions for now, but if you plan to travel through Czechia,
well... there may be a little too much water around.

The water will not simply disappear, so flooding will move
downstream in the days after that. Parts of Austria are downstream of
Czechia, as are parts of Germany.

https://meteoalarm.org/en/live/warning/406902d3-4c95-4b61-908a-7ee4523199f6/97f6f345-872b-4e99-be62-93e84d4eee0c?t=day3#list

If you plan to travel by land, you may want to check weather / flood
status before the trip. Travel by boat is not recommended :-). It is
all predictions at the moment, but it is starting to rain...

Best regards,
                                                                Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (196 bytes)