Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2024 18:58:02 +0500
From: Muhammad Usama Anjum <Usama.Anjum@...labora.com>
To: Daniel Wagner <wagi@...om.org>, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
 linux-trace-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
 Daniel Bristot de Oliveira <bristot@...nel.org>
Cc: Usama.Anjum@...labora.com, kernel@...labora.com,
 gustavo.padovan@...labora.com, helen.koike@...labora.com
Subject: [Report] rtla: Failed to set runtime and/or period

Hi,

We are running rt-tests on KernelCI. I'm looking at failures and I found
out that rtla osnoise and rtla timerlat are failing. We have just
enabled these tests and they are failing from day one.

The first thing I fixed in my local setup is to sync the version of rtla
with that of the running kernel from the source. It resolves the Tracer
timerlat not found!" error as we had installed the older rtla package
from Debian on CI. I'll update it. Is the version of rtla dependent on
the exact kernel version or any recent rtla version is acceptable?

The other errors are persistent:

➜  sudo ./rtla osnoise hist -r 900000
Failed to set runtime and/or period
Could not apply config

I thought maybe some argument are wrong. I ran the example from man page:

➜  sudo ./rtla osnoise hist -P F:1 -c 0-11 -r 900000 -d 1M -b 10 -E 25
Failed to apply CPUs config
Could not apply config

Is there some configuration which is missing for running rtla? Please
let me know.

--
BR,
Muhammad Usama Anjum