Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 08:49:26 -0500
From: Danny Barron <dbarronoss@...il.com>
To: linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Issue with MT7921E module

My Asrock MB has builtin Wifi using Mediatek MT7922 802.11ax wifi, the
driver that has been automatically loaded is MT7921E.
I noticed that every 3 seconds on 6.10 (though probably it was an
issue before) the journal receives an error 'wpa_supplicant[841]:
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SIGNAL-CHANGE above=1 signal=-54 noise=9999
txrate=15000'.
This does not occur on current LTS kernel (6.6.51) in ArchLinux, but
does occur in 6.10 'current'.
My Wifi seemingly continues to perform in either case.
I would be happy to engage with tests if anyone would like, but felt
it would be good to report this (just in case it hasn't been).