Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2024 08:06:45 -0400
From: Paul Moore <paul@...l-moore.com>
To: Mimi Zohar <zohar@...ux.ibm.com>, Roberto Sassu <roberto.sassu@...wei.com>,
	Casey Schaufler <casey@...aufler-ca.com>,
	syzbot <syzbot+listfc277c7cb94932601d96@...kaller.appspotmail.com>
Cc: linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-security-module@...r.kernel.org,
	syzkaller-bugs@...glegroups.com
Subject: Re: [syzbot] Monthly lsm report (Sep 2024)

On Mon, Sep 23, 2024 at 5:02 AM syzbot
<syzbot+listfc277c7cb94932601d96@...kaller.appspotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello lsm maintainers/developers,
>
> This is a 31-day syzbot report for the lsm subsystem.
> All related reports/information can be found at:
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream/s/lsm
>
> During the period, 0 new issues were detected and 0 were fixed.
> In total, 4 issues are still open and 27 have been fixed so far.
>
> Some of the still happening issues:
>
> Ref Crashes Repro Title
> <1> 306     No    INFO: task hung in process_measurement (2)
>                   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=1de5a37cb85a2d536330

Mimi, Roberto,

Any chance this is this related in any way to this report:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-security-module/CALAgD-4hkHVcCq2ycdwnA2hYDBMqijLUOfZgvf1WfFpU-8+42w@mail.gmail.com/

Looking at the syzkaller dashboard for this issue, it looks like it
may have been present for some time, just difficult to reproduce
reliably (although it does appear to be occurring more often
recently).  Any ideas about a root cause?

> <2> 9       No    general protection fault in smack_inode_permission
>                   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=4ac565a7081cc43bb185

Casey?

> <3> 3       Yes   WARNING in current_check_refer_path
>                   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=34b68f850391452207df

Based on the discussion over the summer I believe the consensus was
that this is a bcachefs/VFS bug, reassigning to bcachefs (or trying to
anyway).

https://lore.kernel.org/all/000000000000a65b35061cffca61@google.com/

--
paul-moore.com