Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2024 09:13:32 -0700
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To: Wolfram Sang <wsa+renesas@...g-engineering.com>, linux-i2c@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Bartosz Golaszewski <brgl@...ev.pl>,
	Andi Shyti <andi.shyti@...nel.org>
Cc: Wolfram Sang <wsa@...nel.org>, Peter Rosin <peda@...ntia.se>
Subject: Re: [PULL REQUEST] i2c-for-6.12-rc1

On Tue, 24 Sept 2024 at 07:24, Wolfram Sang
<wsa+renesas@...g-engineering.com> wrote:

> ... but this comment is too much. We have a new maintainer here (Andi)
> trying very hard to get up to speed.

Ahh. That wasn't obvious, since the email - and the tag - were from
you, and I was like "what the heck happened?"

Sorry to Andi, but yeah, what I want in the pull (and thus the merge
commit message) is a useful summary overview.

If it's two commits, and one of them is a typo fix and the other moves
code around, then by all means say "fix typo and reorganize code" for
that. But when it's 50 commits, and it has major changes to some area,
the typo fixes etc aren't worth mentioning individually, and can just
go under some general "And the usual misc cleanups" heading.

               Linus