Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2024 11:41:28 +0200 (CEST)
From: Jiri Kosina <jikos@...nel.org>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
cc: linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Benjamin Tissoires <bentiss@...nel.org>
Subject: [GIT PULL] HID fix

Linus,

please pull from

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hid/hid.git tags/hid-for-linus-2024092601

to receive

=====
- revert of Device Tree binding for Goodix SPI HID driver (while keeping
  ACPI still available), as it conflicted with already existing binding
  and the original submitter didn't respond in time with a fix. We will be
  looking into ways how to reintroduce it properly (we have to agree on
  a way how to handle cases where vendor uses the very same product ID for
  I2C and SPI parts, leading to this kind conflict). But before that is
  settled, let's revert the to unbreak everybody else (Krzysztof
  Kozlowski)
=====

Thanks.

Krzysztof Kozlowski (2):
      HID: hid-goodix: drop unsupported and undocumented DT part
      dt-bindings: input: Revert "dt-bindings: input: Goodix SPI HID Touchscreen"

 .../devicetree/bindings/input/goodix,gt7986u.yaml  | 71 ----------------------
 drivers/hid/hid-goodix-spi.c                       |  9 ---
 2 files changed, 80 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/input/goodix,gt7986u.yaml

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs