Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2024 16:57:17 +0200
From: Miguel Ojeda <miguel.ojeda.sandonis@...il.com>
To: sedat.dilek@...il.com
Cc: Nathan Chancellor <nathan@...nel.org>, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>,
	Alice Ryhl <aliceryhl@...gle.com>, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Matthew Maurer <mmaurer@...gle.com>, Sami Tolvanen <samitolvanen@...gle.com>,
	Gatlin Newhouse <gatlin.newhouse@...il.com>, Kees Cook <kees@...nel.org>,
	"Peter Zijlstra (Intel)" <peterz@...radead.org>, Miguel Ojeda <ojeda@...nel.org>,
	Andrey Konovalov <andreyknvl@...il.com>, Marco Elver <elver@...gle.com>,
Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of Linus' tree

On Thu, Sep 26, 2024 at 4:44 PM Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@...il.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the link!

You're welcome!

> Asahi or Fedora-Asahi?
> Do you have a link to a Linux-Live-System or maybe a pointer to a kernel-config?
>
> Is it possible to download a built VM (rustup-binary) and test in QEMU
> for example?

You should be able to build and boot your own kernels with Rust
enabled like you would normally do, as long as the requirements are
met.

But Rust for Linux is not a Linux distribution, if that is what you are asking.

Regarding Asahi and other users/distributions, I would suggest asking
them directly if you are interested in their setup.

For help on setting things up etc., I would suggest asking in our
Zulip -- please see https://rust-for-linux.com/contact.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Miguel